This program is presented by Be The Change Collective, which powers Spirit of Youth Yoga & Conscious San Jose.
In Woke Teens Camp this Summer, you'll use the tools of collaboration, mindfulness, yoga/movement, creative expression, and community activism to become more self-aware, compassionate, and engaged in taking positive action for yourself and your community.
Woke Teens program consists of a five-day camp immersion.
The Summer 2018 camp dates are: Monday, June 18th-Friday, June 22nd with six ongoing Friday workshops on: June 29th, July 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, and August 3rd.
We will have a closing ceremony and celebration with you all on Friday, August 10th!
You'll spend your time learning tools of yoga & mindfulness at our sweet yoga studio space in downtown San Jose, Be the Change Yoga & Wellness, followed by trips to explore different community spaces, from an urban farm, to an art collective, to a digital arts/media/music center, to experience a wide variety of ways to get involved in making positive change in your community.
No prior experience with yoga is required! Don't let fear or judgement prevent you from this opportunity to make positive change within and in your world. A small stipend will be available to each participant for completing the program.
schedule & location
- Five- Day Camp Immersion (4 half-days M-TH, 1 full-day F)
- Monday, 6/18-Thursday, 6/20, 1PM-4PM
- Friday, 6/22- 12-7PM
- End of Camp Celebration Party, Friday, 8/10!
- All gatherings will meet at Be the Change Yoga & Wellness (BTC) unless otherwise noted.
- Be the Change is located at: 52 S. 1st, Suite 320 San Jose, CA 95113
- BTC is located right next to light rail and bus routes. If transportation is an issue, reach out to us directly, and we will work with you!